Change UA of Firefox

How to Change UA of Firefox without any Add On
----------------------------------------------
Yesterday I decided to download Mobile Rediff.
It is a rediffmail client and can also backup contacts to its server.
I want to keep every app that I download for later use.
In my Nokia 2730 classic, default browser is Opera Mini.
So I was unable to download it as the UA differs.
Also I need the JAD file to get the signed app.
UC Browser is always a better option as it can use phone's UA.
I had to download the JAD file, then open it with a text editor to get the URL of the JAR file.
I tried to go to rediff's mobile site to download the app.
But it showed my phone is not supported.
And It was not possible to download it in PC



But I wanted to have the app.
So I changed the UA of Mozilla Firefox to
that of Nokia 5130xm and now I could easily download the app.
So here I describe how.

  • Open Mozilla Firefox, then type about:config in the address bar.
  • You will see a warning that this can void your warranty(Firefox has a
     warranty???), click I'll be carefull, I  promise.
  • Then you will see a page with lots of strings and values.
  • Right click anywhere and select New>String
  • Then a box will appear. Enter general.useragent.override
  • Click OK and now enter desired UA. You can find a list of UA of various
     browsers in a previous post.
  • Now you are done.
  • To reset the UA to default, again go to the about:config page.
  • In the searchbar, search for general.useragent.override
  • Then right click the string and select Reset.

This is extremely useful when a site only opens in a specific browser and you want to open it in firefox

0 comments:

 

© Copyright 2010- 2012 | actkis.blogspot.com some rights reserved | kavkispurekeys.blogspot.com | power by actkis.blogspot.com WATCH LIVE TV FREE watchlivecricketfree